This page has all the information you need to host a Damian Mason show. Below are a few important documents along with the Audio Visual Requirements.
Requirements for Funny on Purpose / Humor for the Heart of Agriculture
1. Children under the age of 13 will not be in the room. If they are in the room, you agree that they will sit, quietly with their parents. Damian’s comedy requires attention span without interruption. Movement or noise created by children will distract the audience and reduce the impact of humor. This has been a problem in a few cases where children have been running around the room, thus destroying the impact of humor.
2. Please do not have a head table or members of your group on the stage before or during Damian’s show (other than the introducer.) Having people on-stage while a humorist speaks makes for an odd dynamic and it hurts comedy.
3. Please remove tables, chairs, or other obstacles on stage that may create a barrier between Damian and the audience.
4. Please wait until people have finished eating before you introduce Damian. Please ask the wait staff to be ready to leave the room when Damian’s presentation begins. Please also ask the wait staff to refrain from picking up trash, clearing dishes, rearranging tables in order to minimize distractions.
5. Please do not announce a ‘quick break’ or schedule a ‘5 minute stretch’ immediately prior to Damian taking the stage. Contrary to popular belief, this doesn’t help the audience focus. Rather, it creates havoc and gives people permission to pick up their phones, leave the room, or otherwise ‘check out’ from the program.
6. We strongly recommend you place a break immediately following Damian’s program for maximum impact.
7. If your room is large and audience size is greater than 100 people, we recommend a stage (12’ wide and 8’ deep (at a minimum) and 1-3’ high. Small rooms with smaller audiences require only a lectern at crowd level.
8. Please arrange room set up to keep your audience in close proximity to the stage (no further than 8 feet) and each other (comfortably close to each other.) Comedy is intimate and Damian’s show is crowd interactive. Large spaces hurt comedy!
9. Please provide a cordless lapel microphone (preferred), or a cordless handheld microphone (second choice).
10. An introduction for Damian will be provided three ways to suit your accommodations: on DVD, CD, and on paper to be read by a member of your organization.
11. Lighting requirements: Stage should be fully lit with a wash of bright lights from the ceiling or from the back of the room with spotlights. Audience portion of the room should be at least 50% lit. Dimly lit rooms should be avoided for the show since Damian need to see the audience.
12. Please provide a table for Damian to meet & greet your attendees, display books, CDs and shirts, and other goodies. Table should be placed at the main entrance/exit of the room.